Things I like:
- finding good deals and calculating value-vs-MSRP for different theoretical purchases that I never make (and for ones that I do)
- talking about beauty products I’ve tried
- complaining about pseudoscience in beauty marketing
- trying new products
- replacing things I don’t love with things I do love
- playing with my own appearance
I never know where to share any of this (Reddit? Hijack a popular blog’s recent post’s comment section?), so…now all of it will be dumped here.
As for why now (summer 2016), I’m holed up at my parents’ house for the next 6 weeks studying for a major exam, and I’m using the time away from other people to experiment with my appearance/beauty routine, which I want to document. Also, reading/writing/thinking about all of this is a nice break from studying.