I have been conditioned not to buy anything at Ulta unless there is some significant GWP. Usually, this means waiting for the Wednesday Beauty Break. I’ve been considering a few things in my Ulta bag but had decided I would only make the purchase if I liked the Beauty Break today.
(Spoiler: I didn’t.)
For value calculations, I used the smallest size and biggest size (i.e. the lowest buy-in and the best value) available at Ulta.
- Time in a Bottle Daily Age-Defying Serum, 0.07 oz @ $75/1.3 oz = $4.04
- Purity in a Bottle, 1 oz @ $11/3 oz = $3.67, or @ $36/16 oz = $2.25
- The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash, 1 oz @ $15/4 oz = $3.75, or @ $42/16 oz = $2.63
- Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye, 0.1oz @ $51/0.5 oz = $10.20
- Renewed Hope in a Jar, 0.25 oz @ $16/0.5 oz = $8, or @ $75/4 oz = $4.69
Total value: $23.81 to $29.66
Right now there’s also a free-with-any-purchase travel size of the John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler (2 oz @ $16/8 oz = $4), bringing the total GWP value to $27.81-$33.66. So if you spend exactly $50, and if you were willing to pay the retail price-per-oz for the GWPs, you’d be getting 36-40% off. Probably worth it if you like Philosophy products, especially if you’ve been wanting to try out the RHIAJ line.
(Un?)luckily for me, I’m not a huge fan of Philosophy products, so this particular beauty break isn’t appealing to me. I’m curious as to how this stacks up against the typical Ulta beauty breaks, so I’m going to start tracking that.